We are offering “Kodomo Gakushu Hiroba”, free learning support classes. We provide tutoring-style education to children who are unable to receive academic support due to financial constraints. We also welcome students struggling to catch up with their school studies for reasons other than financial difficulties.
As of 2019, the relative poverty rate of children under the age of 18 in Japan accounts for 13.5%. This implies that approximately one in every seven children faces financial constraints in terms of medical care, food, learning, and higher education. Half of these households are said to be single-parent families, and 30% are of foreign origin.
Our organization, Machi no Hiroba, was certified as a Japanese non-profit organization (NPO). We have made it our mission to break the cycle of poverty by providing all children with the opportunity to receive support for their learning without financial constraints.
If you would like to join our classes, feel free to contact us from the enquiry form or our official LINE (see the bottom of this website).
For children with the following concerns
- “I just came from a foreign country and I don’t understand Japanese or my classes”
- “I can’t go to cram school (extra classes after school) because I’m from a single parent family or a family on welfare”
- “I can’t keep up with my schoolwork anymore”
- “I’m chronically absent from school for some reason, but I need to study”
We provide learning support for children who have problems that cannot be solved through school education alone. Unlike most cram schools, our classes are not designed for the sole purpose of improving test scores. However, we provide an environment where children can feel the joy of understanding and can ask questions without anxiety
Our instructors include experienced teachers and Japanese language instructors, social workers, and university students aspiring to be teachers or psychologists.
Who can receive our support?
- Children from a single parent
- Children from the family getting welfare
- Children from foreign countries (and have some troubles in studying in Japanese）
- Children who are often absent from school for some reasons
※In either case, we intend for children from Miyoshi City.
※You can rest assured your information will be treated very carefully, and we never tell others without parents’ approval.
Date and Time
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday every week
- 15:00-17:00 (Daytime for elementary school students)
- 19:00-21:00 (Nigthttime for junior high school students)
- In nighttime, children can also study online with ZOOM if you want to.
About the place
- Office of Machi-no-hiroba: #101 Endou ko-po 23-25 Tsuruse Nishi, Fuzimi-shi, Saitama-ken 354-0026
- Pablic facilities around Fizikubo elementary school (if you need)
The way to register
Please write these required information and send messages from the form at the end or LINE of Machi-no-hiroba.
- Student’s name
- Parent’s name
- Your address
- Parent’s phone number
- The name of your school and grade
- Situatuion and some difficulties (single parent, family getting welfare, family from foreign countries, and so on)
- Please feel free to tell us anything that you want to tell us and ask